We are excited to announce our newest ophthalmologist, Dr. Deanna Louie, who joins us from the west coast. She graduated from the University of California with a degree in Molecular and Cell Biology with an Immunology Emphasis and Computer Science. She then completed her medical education at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Louie is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, as well as a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Louie has a broad range of expertise, which helps her give each patient the best care possible. She has a special interest in small incision cataract surgery, as well as the medical treatment of various retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration. She is also experienced in oculoplastic procedures such as blepharoplasty, which is the treatment of drooping eyelids due to excess skin and fat. She also specializes in laser vision correction and is the only provider in the area of “blade-free” iLASIK.
Dr. Louie is a black belt in taekwondo and has an impressive competition record. She is a 4-time National Collegiate Championship Gold Medal Team Member and 2-time Korean American Olympic Championship sparring gold medalist. She has also enjoyed 13 years of formal classical piano training. In her free time, Dr. Louie enjoys the outdoors and traveling with her family.
Did you get a chance to hear Dr. Deanna Louie on Tallahassee Talks with Brien R. Sörne?
University of Michigan Medical School
Ann Arbor, MI
Good Samaritan Hospital
Indiana University School of Medicine
- Comprehensive Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Oculoplastics for treatment of blepharitis, dermatochalasis, epiphora, and botox injections for blepharospasms
- Premium Implants (Multifocal and Toric) using Intraoperative ORA Technology to help achieve spectacle Independence
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- iSTENT, Cypass, and minimally invasive Glaucoma Surgery
- Medical Retina, including treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy and Macular Degeneration using Lasers and Intravitreal Injections
- Pterygium Excision with Conjunctival Autograft
- Blade-Free or Intralase iLASIK
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology