Dr. Fang Sarah Ko is a Florida native who grew up in Tallahassee and graduated from Lincoln High School. Dr. Ko is dedicated to serving people in the Tallahassee community and has volunteered at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and as a simultaneous translator at the Tallahassee Chinese Christian Church.
Dr. Ko attended Harvard where she graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in biochemistry. She then attended Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where she was awarded the Stephen J. Ryan Prize in Ophthalmology. She received residency training at Wilmer Eye Institute and went on to fellowship at the elite Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
She has volunteered her time toward increasing availability of cataract surgery in underserved rural areas and provided free cataract surgery in rural China. Dr. Ko is dedicated to blindness prevention through management of ocular diseases, especially glaucoma. Dr. Ko has also published numerous papers and book chapters on a wide variety of topics in ophthalmology.
Dr. Ko enjoys the outdoors and traveling with her family.To learn more about Dr. Fang Sarah Ko, click here http://goo.gl/QcJPco to listen to her on Tallahassee Talks with Brien Sorne.
- Boland M, Gupta P, Ko F, Zhao D, Guallar E, Friedman DS. An evaluation of frequency doubling technology perimetry as a means of screening for glaucoma and other eye disease using the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 Nov 12:1-6.
- Moshiri A, Ha NK, Ko F, Scott AW. Bevacizumab presurgical treatment for proliferative sickle-cell retinopathy-related retinal detachment. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2013;7(3):204-5.
- Ko F, Vitale S, Chou CF, Cotch MF, Saaddine J, Friedman DS. Prevalence of nonrefractive visual impairment in US adults and associated risk factors, 1999-2002 and 2005-2008. JAMA. 2012 Dec 12;308(22):2361-8.
- Ko F, DiBernardo CW, Oak J, Miller NR, Subramanian P. Confirmation of and Differentiation Among Primary Vascular Lesions using Ultrasonography. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Nov;27(6):431-5.
- Ko F, Frick KD, Tzu J, He M, Congdon N. Willingness-to-pay for enhancements to a low-cost cataract surgical package in rural southern China. Acta Ophthalmol. 2012 Feb;90(1):e54-60.
- Ko F, Subramanian P. B-cell lymphoma of the cavernous sinus masquerading as post-herpetic neuralgia: a case study and literature review. Neuro-ophthalmology. 2011 Feb; 35(1):27-31.
- Ko F, Knox D. The ocular pathology of Terson syndrome. Ophthalmology. 2010 Jul;117(7):1423-9.
- Ko F, Sohn JH, Do D. Resolution of macular edema in radiation retinopathy after intravenous diuresis. Retinal Cases and Brief Reports. 2010;4(2):174-177.
- Ko F, Bozorg S, Singh K. Cystoid macular edema and neovascular glaucoma following CRVO. EyeNet Magazine. 2008 February.
- Donner AL, Ko F, Episkopou V, Maas RL. Pax6 is misexpressed in Sox1 null lens fiber cells. Gene Expression Patterns. 2007 Apr; 7(5):606-613.
- Ko F, Papadopoulos M, Khaw PT. “Primary Congenital Glaucoma.” Progress in Brain Research. Ed Giacinto Bagetta, Ed. Carlo Nucci. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2016. Pages 177-189.
- Ko F, Ressiniotis T, Khaw PT. “Trabeculectomy Surgery.” Procedural treatments: Pearls of Glaucoma Management. Amsterdam: Elsevier. Anticipate 2016 publish date.
- Ko F, Sachdeva U, Muthappan V, Subramanian P. “Optic nerve sheath hematoma.” Master's Technique in Ophthalmic Surgery, 2nd ed. Ed. Frederick Hampton Roy, Ed. Renee Tindall. Philadelphia: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2015. Pages 749-753.
- Chang J, Merali F, Ko F, Muthappan V, Mahoney N. “Blind painful eye.” Master's Technique in Ophthalmic Surgery, 2nd ed. Ed. Frederick Hampton Roy, Ed. Renee Tindall. Philadelphia: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2015. Pages 463-464.